Thursday, June 25, 2015

Screenshots in Fedora LXDE

I was just about to make screenshot on my system and I noticed that there is no application for that. Best solution I found is gnome-screenshot, it's easy to use and it has a nice "flash" effect when making screenshot.

Step 1 is install gnome-screenshot

sudo dnf install gnome-screenshot -y

I don't like my screenshots mixing with other pictures I have so I created directory Screenshots

mkdir ~/Pictures/Screenshots

How to make gnome-screenshot put your shots there:

       gsettings set org.gnome.gnome-screenshot auto-save-directory "file:///home/$USER/Pictures/Screenshots/"
 

Now we need to make "shortcut" to taking a screenshot. In my case, button PrintScreen will take full screenshoot and Ctrl+PrintScreen will make only active windows screenshot.

Open ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml with your favorite editor and insert these lines inside before </keyboard> line.

<keybind key="Print">
        <action name="Execute">
                <command>gnome-screenshot</command>
        </action>
</keybind>
<keybind key="C-Print">
        <action name="Execute">
                <command>gnome-screenshot -w</command>
        </action>
</keybind>

After you saved and closed file, execute:

openbox --reconfigure

No comments:

Post a Comment